Day Porters are an essential part of any commercial establishment. They provide cleaning services throughout the day in a facility. These individuals are responsible for keeping all public areas (inside and outside the building) clean, safe, and organized. Whether it is a hotel, shopping mall, or medical or retail office complex; a Day Porter is your discreet cleaner to ensure that the customers’ first impression of your establishment is one of cleanliness, orderliness, and safety.
Day Port responsibilities may include:
- Keeping all interior and exterior public areas of the building clean, e.g., bathrooms, foyers, windows, garbage receptacles, curbside etc.
- Maintaining the safety of the building both the interior and the exterior. Anything that is hazardous or potentially hazardous is quickly taken care of. These include trip hazards, icy sidewalks, slippery floors, etc.
- Ensuring that all sanitation supplies are adequately stocked.
- Replacing light bulbs and changing filters.
- Maintaining the general beauty and appearance of a building.
- Remove litter around the building
- Clean ground-level windows and doors
- Help with snow and ice removal at entrances.
Day Porters usually commence work very early in the mornings, often before the regular staff begins their shift. Depending on the commercial cleaning company providing Day Porter services, you may request to have the Day Porter come in on certain days or schedule specific hours that fit within the needs of your business.